Every two weeks, we find the most interesting data science links from around the web and collect them in Data Science Briefings, the DataMiningApps newsletter. Subscribe now for free if you want to be the first to get up to speed on interesting resources.
- DeepMind’s AI has now outcompeted nearly all human players at StarCraft II
AlphaStar cooperated with itself to learn new strategies for conquering the popular galactic warfare game.
- Robots can outwit us on the virtual battlefield, so let’s not put them in charge of the real thing
“This is a terrible development. Computers do not have the moral capability to decide who lives or dies. They have neither empathy nor compassion.”
- You’re in a Police Lineup, Right Now
Face-recognition technology is the new norm. You may think, “I’ve got nothing to hide,” but we all should be concerned.
- Artificial Intelligence Detects Heart Failure From One Heartbeat With 100% Accuracy
Incredible result or badly overfitting?
- Reasons for AI project failures
Andrew shares some common causes for AI project failure.
- AI is making literary leaps – now we need the rules to catch up
A row over the release of a new language-learning model highlights how ethics and the law are lagging behind
- AI system for granting UK visas is biased, rights groups claim
Immigrant rights campaigners bring legal challenge to Home Office on algorithm that streams visa applicants
- Hugging Face: State-of-the-Art Natural Language Processing in ten lines of TensorFlow 2.0
Hugging Face is the leading NLP startup with more than a thousand companies using their library in production including Bing, Apple, Monzo.
- Coding habits for data scientists
If you’ve tried your hand at machine learning or data science, you know that code can get messy, quickly.
- Model Parameters and Hyperparameters in Machine Learning — What is the difference?
Analyzing parameters that affect the quality of a model.
- TU Delft researchers design new material by using Artificial Intelligence only
Researchers at TU Delft have developed a new material without doing any experimental tests at all. The supercompressible but strong material was designed by using Artificial Intelligence (AI) only.
- A neural net solves the three-body problem 100 million times faster
Machine learning provides an entirely new way to tackle one of the classic problems of applied mathematics.
- Pushing state-of-the-art in 3D content understanding
Some incredible 3d understanding results from Facebook
- You’re very easy to track down, even when your data has been anonymized
A new study shows you can be easily re-identified from almost any database, even when your personal details have been stripped out.